Case Worker - Tripoli
Please mention in the subject of your email the title of the position you are applying for and the Location.
Your resume and Cover letter will be forwarded to the HR department for review against the requirements for the role in which you have expressed interest. A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any Kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding Policies.
This position reports to the Protection Specialist
4. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibility #1: Project Implementation (60% of time)
- Conduct individual protection and case management assistance activities through assessment, case planning, case implementation, follow up and case closure as per national standards.
- Identify and register individual cases requiring protection intervention in the field and/or through community center visit,
- Undertake rapid and detailed assessments of beneficiaries,
- Identify individual protection cases and case follow up until case closure.
- Refer beneficiaries to internal services such as PSS, mental health services, emergency cash assistance, and cash for rent, or to external services based on referral pathways.
- Support the service mapping and keep service map updated
- With the support of outreach volunteers, disseminate information on a regular basis to affected communities in areas of implementation,
Responsibility #2: MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) (30% of time)
- Report on existing MEAL plans and program quality activities
- Ensure project data and achievements are updated and reported on a weekly and monthly basis in an accurate and secure manner
- Support and feed into monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ensure proper documentation, tracking and filing of all project’s activities in line with project objectives, donor requirements, CARE compliance rules and implementation strategy.
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of beneficiaries’ data as per established guidelines.
- Work closely with the MEAL team to ensure proper implementation of the MEAL plan, accountability, and learning.
- Report and assist the Protection Specialist and the Project Officer for project reports.
- Participate actively in weekly case management team meeting and remain open to feedback and self-reflection\
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS ASSIGNED BY LINE MANAGER
5. Qualifications / special skills or knowledge
a. Skills & knowledge:
- Experience in humanitarian project implementation with knowledge in Protection and Gender in Emergencies, S/GBV, and sector standards such as the IASC standards, SPHERE, Do no Harm, Humanitarian Principles and the Code of Conduct
- Understanding of Lebanon’s political, legal, and social systems as related to Protection, GBV and refugee protection as well as demonstrated experience in working in/collaborating with civil society
- Experience in case management and knowledge of referral pathways
- Demonstrated expertise in M&E tools with a focus on accountability and learning
- Proven experience of humanitarian programming through direct implementation as well as through local partners
- Understanding of working within diverse partnerships with a range of actors, including local partners, governments, UN agencies, national/local NGOs and community groups
- Experience interacting with and relating to gender professionals and local partners
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and facilitation
- Motivated team-player who enjoys working in a collaborative and international environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Lebanon if needed.
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in case management especially protection and GBV with an understanding of the Lebanese socio-economic context and how it affects both refugees and host communities.
- Familiarity with MS Office Applications
c. Academic background
Bachelor’s degree in one or several of the following areas: International Development, Social Studies, Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Management, Economics and Development studies, Protection related studies.
6. Other contract elements
Benefits: Social Security/Health Insurance & Transport allowance.
The direct supervisor reserves the right to adapt this job description at any time during employment according to needs and in consultation with the successful candidate.
Any extension of this contract is dependent on performance review and funding availability.
PSEA and Save Guarding Child policy
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees and stakeholders abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Safeguarding Policies.