Program Officer - Beirut (Re-advertised)
Kindly apply online using this link: Program Officer- Beirut
Please note that only applications received through the above link will be accepted and applications received by emails will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The Program Officer will support the Area Manager in the analysis, monitoring and reporting of operational activities and ensure that the reports are done on time.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Area Manager
Reporting to: MEAL Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Liaise with Area Manager and Deputy Area Manager and MEAL department to ensure drafting of weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external qualitative and quantitative reports for Beirut Field Office operational activities.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, semiannual, annual and end-of-project donor narrative reports as required and per donor guidelines and overall program reporting.
- Draft narrative reports on contributions, in compliance with specific donor requirements and ensure all donor reports are on time and of high quality.
- Responding to periodic donor and internal requests for additional information on project activities their performance and result.
- Liaise closely with head of sectors in order to gather and collate accurate data about programme implementation in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. Sitreps, activity-specific reports, as required.
- Support the MEAL department to in the development of monitoring and reporting tools and in their analysis.
- Deliver trainings to field staff on reporting.
- Support MEAL department to adopt appropriate tools for data collection.
- Prepare and share minutes of the meetings.
- Prepare information as required for visitors.
- Be available to take part in meeting organized as per management request and to participate in sectorial meeting and training organized by SC or external stakeholder.
- Coordinate with the MEAL department and support them to establish a monitoring system in order to collect the data request from the donor.
- Develop any operation report/analysis on an ad hoc basis as per manager request.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor degree in social work, International Development, International Relations or related field
- At least two years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international organization
- Proven excellent English drafting and editing skills
- Thorough knowledge of SC operational activities
- Experience in an international and local NGOs (especially during the emergency phase)
- Experience in programming for large scale humanitarian emergencies
- Computer knowledge (proficient in word and excel and development of graphics
- Ability to write weekly and monthly report
- Excellent contact and diplomacy to manage relationship in tensed situation
- Experience in the social/humanitarian field
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organisation itself
- Ability to maintain consistent high standards of professional behaviour and achievement when working independently and as part of a team
- Well organized
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Commitment to and understanding of SC aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches