Operations and Admin Officer
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply to this position before the deadline. Applicants should send their resume/application to the following email address: [email protected] and mention in the subject "Operations and Admin Officer". Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The Operations Officer supports the Finance and Program teams in the planning, implementation and follow-up of procurements, filing, administrative tasks. S/he provides support to SAMS’ medical missions in Lebanon and recommends to improve the efficiency of the logistics process at mission level.
- Support the drafting of Procurement Plans, in line with internal and donors’ guidelines;
- Verify that the procurement plan matches actual procurement implementation and forecast, and update them as necessary;
- Consolidate and share updated Procurement Plans as required;
- In view of the Procurement Plans, recommend procurement strategies to improve efficiency at mission level: grouping of purchases, framework agreements, etc.;
- Capitalize, regularly update, and share procurement data, using the dedicated tools (suppliers list, price list, procurement validation follow-up, etc.).
- Be the focal point in the Logistics department to follow-up and circulate information on the validation of procurement files, between the different departments at programs and support teams;
- Check all procurement files received for validation, and verify that the provided documentation is complete and correct;
- Verify the compliance of the procurement files with regards to internal Procurement Procedures and Donors guidelines;
- Liaise with the department teams if issues are identified in the received procurement files, in order to complete and/or correct the required documentation.
- Support in identifying and quantifying the needs for centralized purchases, in coordination with the departments’ teams;
- Draft contracts, service contracts, suppliers’ contracts for review;
- Support the implementation of market studies and large procurement procedures at mission level (Call for Tenders, Call for Expression of Interest, etc.);
- Review and submit purchase files requiring payment for the finance department;
- Manage and report on a monthly basis the inventory of SAMS’ offices;
- Manage and report on a monthly basis the inventory of SAMS’ warehouses;
- Support in preparing for internal and external audits;
- Lead on archiving and ensure soft and hard copies are in line with internal and donors’ guidelines;
- Lead on all logistics in coordination with other departments related to medical missions in Lebanon;
- Maintain good archiving of all related medical missions logistics documents, suppliers, transportation etc..
- Ensure confidentiality of all correspondence, information and operations;
- Any other requested tasks as needed.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
Work experience: minimum 2 years’ experience in procurement medical (pharmaceutical, medical supplies and commodities, PPEs, etc. and non-medical including NFIs, etc.), preferably in an NGO;
Knowledge and skills: Good knowledge of procurement standards and donors’ guidelines, and of the Lebanese purchasing environment;