Shelter Field Coordinator (National Contract)
- The application should be in English including: CV and motivation letter.
- Please submit your application to [email protected] write as Subject of the Email the Reference number and Job Position as follows; GVC Ref 202009_04 Shelter Field Coordinator (National Contract).
- Applications in Arabic will not be considered.
- Deadline for submitting the application: 24th of September 2020 (Applications received after this deadline will not be considered).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GVC encourage people with special needs to apply.
GVC is an Italian NGO founded in 1971. Actually is working in 22 countries worldwide. GVC presence in Lebanon dates back to the begin of Syrian Crisis and since then GVC has been implementing emergency and development projects in Bekaa and Akkar financed by International Donors mainly in WASH sector.
GVC is actually recruiting personnel to cover the position of 1 Shelter Coordinator to support activities in Beirut, Lebanon
Position Title: Shelter Field Coordinator
Line manager: Multi-sectorial Response Specialist
Technical supervisor: Multi-sectorial Response Specialist
Duty station: Beirut Office with travel to project areas
Salary grade: G6/L4 – 2,000USD net salary
Under the direct supervision of Multi-Sectorial Response Specialist, the Shelter Field Coordinator will be responsible for leading the implementation, technical, financial monitoring and reporting of WW-GVC minor and major rehabilitation activities in Beirut following the Beirut port explosion on August 4. The Shelter Field Coordinator will be managing directly 2 Site/project Engineers. The Shelter Field Co. will ensure the timely and quality implementation of all rehab related works done by the project engineers, as well as guiding them with technical support and continuous supervision. He/she will also coordinate with other team members for the proper implementation and monitoring of the project (Logs, MEAL, Finance, and Procurement).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, plan, and update the progress, along with the project engineers, of the minor and major rehab activities;
- Develop tools and guide the team on and approve the technical assessments, development of detailed bill of quantities, designing and developing technical drawings, specifications and implementation;
- Follow up with the site engineers the supervision and monitoring of contractor’s work. This includes but is not limited to: collection and analysis of contractors’ reports, quality controls, verification of executed quantities, etc…;
- Conduct frequent scheduled field visits with the project engineers to inspect and approve the works implemented;
- Evaluate outputs, track and report on progress of project indicators and develop corrective actions in coordination with the Multi-Sectorial Specialist to mitigate any delay in implementation, review achievement and constraints and provide feedback accordingly ensuring the achievements of expected results.
Coordination and Reporting:
- Plan regular meetings with project engineers, support staff, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure a fluent coordination and efficient response
- With the support of Liaison Officer, conduct visits and meetings with the local authorities and stakeholders to complete necessary agreements and build a common understanding of WW-GVC planned work;
- Compile daily, weekly, and monthly reports developed by the project engineers and share a unified regular reporting with line manager;
- Compile and keep record of photographic reports of the works;
- Guarantee that all related technical documentation (assessments, BoQs, drawings, handovers, certificates of completions, trackers) are properly filled, updated and classified;
- Report on Shelter sector’s Activity Info and other interagency required reporting platforms;
- Develop completion certificates, and all required documentation for the timely payment;
- Ensure involvement of relevant WW-GVC colleagues in key actions, as appropriate;
- Report to and discuss with the Multi-Sectorial Response Specialist any technical issues which may have a direct impact on the general implementation of the project and the organisation’s activities in the area;
- Ensure a positive and respectful work environment
- Contribute to identify new projects and prepare technical documentation supporting projects proposals (when needed);
- Any other task not here listed and necessary to the projects and activities.
- Lead internal and external coordination meetings for the purpose of the project;
- Represent WW-GVC in the donor and community levels, including in the sector working groups and interagency meetings, municipal and community meetings;
- Ensure team work, promoting and accomplishing regular and spontaneous communication, sharing and coordination between all team members;
- Responsible to ensure the proper administrative management of local staff (2 Site Engineers), in particular, monitoring absences and approving leaves;
- Make sure that staff evaluation is carried out according to WW-GVC HR procedures, following up with the Admin/HR Department;
- Make sure of the integration of any new employee in the project, and ensure, in particular, that the context of project implementation, safety rules, logistical, administrative, HR and financial procedures, as well as procedures for the use of communication and transportation are explained and understood, through a direct follow-up with Admin/HR, Log and Security Departments. Directly explain to all new employee the Guidelines linked to abuse of Beneficiaries, corruption and respect of the humanitarian principles of the organization;
- Identify the training needs of the project’ staff in coordination with Multi-Sectorial Specialist and coordinates with the HR Coordinator for final validation and organization of trainings. Draft job profiles for local staff under his/her direct supervision;
- Prevent and manage interpersonal conflicts.
- Technical Degree in Civil/Architecture or similar field;
- Master degree will be an asset;
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an engineering field (Construction, consultancy, structures, etc..) or relevant experiences;
- At least 2 years’ experience working in minor rehab, major rehab, structural rehab, WASH and/or infrastructure with a non-governmental international organization.
- Previous experience with a contractor is an asset;
- Proven experience in Microsoft office, CAD (AutoCAD), Primavera or any other planning software is a must.
- Experience in additional engineering software is an asset. Good knowledge of GIS (QGIS, ArcGIS) and software is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations in the Workplace;
- Familiarity with construction sector and Local/International standards;
- Experience in conducting surveys, managing and analysing data and statistics;
- Experience in preparing layouts, designs, specifications and Bills of Quantities;
- Previous work in NGOs is mandatory;
- Driving licence (at least 2 years) - (mandatory).
PERSONAL AND INTER-PERSONAL SKILLS
- Knowledge of Arabic and fluency in written and spoken English (mandatory);
- Good communication skills (with local authorities and communities);
- Ability to negotiate and assist in the resolution of disputes/conflict;
- Diplomacy and assertiveness: the ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect and care;
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles and values;
- Willing to work in the field as per need of the project activities including occasional visits to other basis;
- Good knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations in the Workplace;
- High level of self- initiative, autonomy and problem solving skills and ability to work within a team;
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines;
- Being flexible and with the ability to adjust to changes and new requirements;
- Good organisational and co-ordination skills being able to successfully manage time, plans, projects and other related tasks;
- Able to prioritise work effectively for execution with limited resources;
- High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently and open to scrutiny;
- Be exceptionally detail oriented and technically minded;
- Deep knowledge of Beirut environment would be considered an asset.
- Contract duration: 6 months full-time (till March 31st, 2021), with 3 months’ probation period;
- Working hours: Monday to Saturday 8:00 am till 4:30 pm
- Required Starting Date: 01st of October 2020
- Duty Station: GVC Beirut office with daily field activities in target areas
- In case of Emergency activities can be protracted during Sundays or Public Holiday. In such cases, form of compensation (additional recovery days, etc.) according to National Laws will be granted