Interested applicants should submit their CV to [email protected] indicating “Social Worker” in the subject of the email by September 30th, 2020. The interview process will be ongoing, and might end upon receiving a qualified candidate for the position.
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism and rehabilitates the victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases.
CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon.
CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.
As of August 2020, the Lebanese Center for Human Rights is involved in a one year emergency response plan. CLDH aims to assist those who have been affected by the Beirut blast on several aspects by providing the following pro-bono services: legal aid and consultations, medical assistance, psycho-social support and cash assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Social Worker is expected to work on the emergency response program and reports to the Program Manager and has the primary responsibility of meeting with beneficiaries and implementing the appropriate interventions and strategies.
●Conduct preliminary intakes with potential beneficiaries in order to collect anamnestic data, history, etc.
● Screenings of new beneficiaries and refer to other departments when needed.
● Close beneficiary files when necessary and write closing reports
● Provide social assessment of situations
● Provide direct social assistance to beneficiaries
● Undertake home or field visits, when needed
● Ensure complete follow-up of each case
● Refer beneficiaries to other local and international NGOs, if needed
● Coordinate intake procedures and treatment plans, when needed
● Take an active part in routine meetings
● Write weekly reviews on cases and inform appropriate team-members of any important updates on the beneficiaries
● Ensure the maintenance of service user and data confidentiality
● Collect, analyze and synthesize information in order to implement and support intervention methods and techniques
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
●A minimum of 2 years in a similar position
●Great communication skills and team player
●Proficiency in Microsoft Office
●Organization and time management skills
●Strong problem-solving skills
●Fluency in English, French and Arabic languages.
The social worker is based in CLDH main office in Dora with home visits to beneficiaries when needed.