Country Finance and Administration Manager – Lebanon
To apply please submit your updated resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with subject line Country Finance and Admin Manager-Lebanon.
The Country Finance and Administration Manager provides financial and accounting support to LWR´s programs in Lebanon and serves as the focal point for project report and records management. She/he has responsibility for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the financial management and accounting functions of the Lebanon Country Program. Under supervision and guidance of Regional Finance and Administration Manager (RFAM) and the Lebanon Program Director, the CFAM provides financial, accounting, and administrative operations and procedures support to LWR Lebanon in line with organization guidelines and internationally recognized accounting standards. The CFAM’s core functions include fund management; oversee administration, logistics and office management; provide technical assistance to the implementing partners for financial compliance to LWR and donor’s requirements. CFAM has a “dotted-line” reporting relationship to the –Program Director.
1. Lead in the control, registry and maintenance of all financial operations and transactions of the Lebanon Country Office needs. This includes the following:
- Ensure adherence to LWR’s Financial Management procedures and regulations and supplementary manual.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of General Ledger accounts.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance and filing of supporting documentation, including payment and receipt vouchers, payroll vouchers and related tax documents, invoices of life insurance for employees, bank statements and reconciliation, etc.
- Enter financial transactions into the Accounts Software.
- Track the receipt of fund transfers and payment requests in coordination with LWR Headquarters financial and support personnel.
- Develop, manage and report on facilitation fund budgets.
- Preparation of check payments and control of Petty Cash reserves
- Develop and apply additional financial control formats and mechanisms as needed, in coordination with the Country Director, Deputy Director of Operations, Regional Finance and Admin Manager (RFAM), and the International Finance Unit at LWR headquarters.
2. Budget Development and Serve as the F&A Focal Point for the Country Office
- Serve as primary contact for internal and external country financial audits.
- Support in training and downstream trainings on operations-focused policies and practices for country staff.
- Provide expert knowledge of donor compliance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with local and US regulations and statutes (legal issues, taxes, benefits, etc.)
- Timely filing of all taxes including any applicable withholding taxes and returns.
- Monitor/Oversee the Employee Emergency Funds
- Provide internal financial training to LWR Lebanon staff and Partners
- Review all supporting documents related to contracts and service agreements
3. Comply in a timely fashion with all financial reporting requirements required by headquarters and other funding sources, including:
- Prepare and send to the ME- RFAM and LWR HQ high-quality monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports according to established formats and calendar.
- Respond to inquiries from Regional Finance Manager and HQ Finance (International Finance).
- Ensure compliance with policies contained in LWR’s Program Manual and develop and maintain a local supplement to this manual to document additional local requirements applicable to LWR Lebanon.
- Assist the Country Director in yearly budgeting and forecasting processes.
4. Partner Accompaniment and Finance Program Management
- Collaborate with RFAM on initial partner capacity assessments.
- Review and verify periodic financial and audit reports submitted by implementing partners prior to sending them to LWR HQ. Work with the Middle East RFAM and the Lebanon Country Director to identify concerns to address with the partner.
- Review financial reports, and audits submitted to LWR by partners prior to submission to HQ.
- Conduct Pre-Award and Risk Assessments and perform vetting of potential partner organizations and their officers.
- In coordination with the RFAM, develop a training program for the partners based on the needs identified and provide the training.
- Incorporate appropriate "best practices" of accounting and financial management into partner organization systems and structures.
- Provide hands-on training support in select areas of organizational development including budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and produce partner financial compliance reports (for LWR and partner).
- Update partner reports and relevant information into Salesforce
5. Other Responsibilities
- Some Human Resources tasks, with support from the International Human Resources department
- Facilitate the development of budgets for proposals submitted by LWR to external donors.
- Other relevant support functions as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep commitment to LWR’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Accounting, Business Administration or the equivalent. Post-graduate course work highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Strong knowledge of Quickbooks
- Experience in financial oversight of USAID programs
- Demonstrated experience in the effective use and management of accounting and database software.
**LWR will not sponsor visa's for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in Lebanon without sponsorship.**
**CV's submitted without a cover letter will not be considered**