Business Expert/ Coach (NORTH)
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs & Cover Letter to [email protected], with the subject title.
Emails with NO subjects will be declined.
Applicants must submit their applications between 8:00 AM & 4:00 PM ONLY.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Many Micro and Small businesses are run by individuals who often lack basic knowledge in Business Management, Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, and such. To overcome these challenges and support Small Businesses in their growth, URDA is hiring a Business Consultant who will provide support for potential new start-ups and mentorship and counseling to existing business owners so that they can build new skills and fill their gaps.
The business consultant will work together with URDA staff to:
- Assist Small Businesses in the development of their business plans.
- Monitor the progress over time and adjust the business plans if needed, through field visit (Tripoli and Akkar area) and frequent updates and provide mentorship and coaching to the owners.
- Ensure the sustainability of businesses and Link them with other business development service providers.
- Analyze business plans proposals for potential new small and micro businesses.
To achieve the expected results, the consultancy will entail, among other things, reviewing financial statements, evaluating competitors, analyzing business practices, preparing reports and recommendations, and presenting them to URDA and business owners.
Monitoring and Mentoring:
- Meet with business owners frequently (at least twice per month)
- Contribute to the selected businesses' growth by tracking their progress over time and providing suggestions for adjustments.
- Suggest improvements and recommendations in different business processes and aspects.
- Coordinate with other business development service providers to build positive relationships between businesses and relevant stakeholders.
- Suggest measures aimed at the reduction of risks and ensure sustainability over time.
- Provide ongoing mentorship to the beneficiaries.
- Help the owners to overcome the financial difficulties faced due to the fluctuation of dollar exchange rate and the economic crises Lebanon is going through.
Assessments and field visits to business sites
- Meet with selected business owners regularly (ideally every two weeks) to report on gaps, strategies, and project progress.
- Draft Monthly Reports, Market Analysis and recommendations.
- Analyze and interpret data collected to detect challenges and problems and understand the causes.
Develop solutions considering the business owners’ needs, Capabilities, and challenges
- Present findings and suggestions to selected business owners with justification and practical advice.
- Develop detailed business plans to ensure business growth and job creation.
- Collect relevant data for business by conducting research and interviews.
- Develop and deliver presentations with justification and analysis.
- Map and network service business providers to create a linkage between them and business owners.
- Submit requested reports (Monthly reports, Market analysis Report, briefing about each business) to the Program Manager and make requested changes in a timely manner