Consultant in diversity and inclusivity in the workplace
Applications should include a detailed CV with at least two References, and a detailed pricing quotation. Please send your CV, in English, writing in the subject the reference " Consultant in diversity and inclusivity in the workplace" to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. The deadline for submission is September 20, 2020. Any CV submitted without reference, price quotation and time needed for each activity will be disregarded.
ACTED is seeking an experienced Consultant, to develop appropriate tools to assess the state of the workplaces and their ability to become more inclusive and LGBTI friendly and help employers carry forward the mission of building a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
ACTED is an international NGO that has been registered in Lebanon since 2006. It has an established country office in Beirut as well as a field office in Akkar. More recently, it has been carrying out activities in the South, the Bekaa and Tripoli.
ACTED works closely with local authorities and civil society stakeholders at the community level to implement priority humanitarian interventions such as emergency multi-purpose cash assistance, WASH projects (including disease monitoring and infrastructural and behavioural response), and Shelter interventions incorporating multiple modalities. ACTED is also implementing long-term development projects to rehabilitate infrastructure, improve agricultural production, increase livelihood opportunities and support state and non-state actors to improve service delivery and social stability through collective development planning.
ACTED, in partnership with SIDC, is implementing a project with the general objective of “Enhancing the inclusivity of the LGBTI community in workplaces in Lebanon”, funded by the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR), to address the discrimination and social stigma that fuel the exclusion of the LGBTI community members and produces barriers to accessing markets, services and public spaces.
This project targets primarily the LGBTI community in Lebanon, and secondly the private sector employers and HR managers through three main objectives: 1) To improve workplaces by making them more inclusive and responsive to the human rights and fundamental freedoms of the LGBTI community in Lebanon; 2) To empower the LGBTI community to seek and maintain employment based on their personal preferences and professional goals and 3) To facilitate change and challenge social norms, perceived roles of individuals and prejudices that exist in societies leading to stigma, discrimination and human rights violations of LGBTI at the workplace. The project runs until December 2021.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop an employee generated scorecard with a set of 5-8 performance indicators (e.g. level of openness towards LGBTI, or level of stigma and discrimination shown) identified through focus group discussions of employees, based on which, measurable or observable performance indicators will be developed.
- Develop a self-evaluation scorecard for employers with a specific set of indicators that can be easily comparable to the indicators developed for the employees, through similar discussions with the management/coordination bodies of targeted employers and businesses.
- Identify at least 6 different sectors and pilot scorecards with 3 employers or HR managers from each identified sector and with at least 2 employees from each identified business.
- Review scorecards and submit final versions based on the pilot.
- Analyse data collected and submit a final report (maximum of 20 pages, excluding the annexes).
The consultant will be expected to update all the documents within ten days of receiving ACTED’s comments (if any).
- Employee generated scorecard tool
- Self-evaluation scorecard tool by employers
- Contact list of identified employers/HR managers and employees
- Final report (maximum of 20 pages, excluding the annexes)
The consultancy should be completed over a period of four months, between October 2020 and January 2021. The Consultant will be expected at specific dates to work full-time on the project and be located in ACTED office in Beirut. The dates will be decided based on the availability of the Consultant and ACTED Livelihood Project Manager.
- Master’s degree in HR, sociology or psychology preferred, but acceptable from marketing, social work, human rights or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in HR, inclusion and behavioural change or psychology
- Previous experience in developing scorecards
- Experience in diversity and inclusion policy design or implementation
- LGBTI friendly and positive attitude is essential
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent Arabic and English skills, both written and oral