Marketing and Communication Officer – Full Time
The AFDC is seeking a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team. The Communications Officer will support the internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a Communications Officer, He/She should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A Bachelor's Degree with experience as a Communications Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired. He/She will work within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for various projects as assigned by the NGO's management.
The main responsibilities include:
- Develop a quarterly communication plan based on the ongoing projects
- Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, blog posts and social media content
- Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social media channels
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the AFDC’s reputation, and coordinate dissemination events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software is a plus
- Attend weekly departmental meetings to maintain effective communication
- Maintain compliance with donors’ rules and regulations
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years' relevant experience in a communications and marketing role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and social media platforms.
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
- Fluency in Arabic and English (Oral and written) French is a plus
- Strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Prior experience with USAID and UN Agencies funded projects is a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver on time.
- جبل لبنان
- Jdaidet El Matn - Baouchriyeh - Sadd El Baouchriyeh