Please send your CV to [email protected] with ‘Psychotherapist' in the subject line.
AMURT Lebanon Background
AMURT’s mission is to help improve the quality of life for the poor and disadvantaged people of the world, and those affected by calamity and conflict. It aims to assist individuals and communities to secure life’s necessities and to gain greater social and economic fulfillment, while honoring individuals’ customs, language, and religious beliefs.
AMURT Lebanon registered in 2012 as an independent charitable organization and is affiliated with the AMURT Global Network, headquartered in Washington, USA.
Since 2012, AMURT has been addressing the Syrian crisis and its effects, as well as hardships the Lebanese community is experiencing. Its programs have ranged from disaster relief and emergency response, to psychosocial support, diverse education programs, child protection, social stability, and is currently focusing on the livelihoods sector.
Psychosocial Support for Children, Youth, and Adults
Following the Beirut explosion and the events that have been taking place in Lebanon in the past year, AMURT Lebanon in partnership with KNH Germany is launching a Psychosocial Support Program for anyone seeking such services. The program includes free group activities for children and youth, therapy sessions for children, youth, and adults, and consultations for parents or couples. AMURT Lebanon is therefore seeking a licensed psychotherapist and 2 social workers to be part of the program.
With the support and supervision of the PSS Project Coordinator, the Psychotherapist is responsible for providing clinical assessments and offering individual and group therapy sessions to children, youth, and adults facing social and psychological difficulties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aiding in the planning of PSS activities and procedures to be implemented in these activities.
- Conducting assessments to identify severity of mental health symptoms, diagnosing when needed, and developing treatment approaches suitable for each beneficiary.
- Offering individual and group therapy sessions with children, youth, or adults facing psychosocial difficulties.
- Conducting home visits and family interventions when needed.
- Coordinating with the social workers regarding participants' progress and activities planned.
- Offering possibilities for referrals to different specialized settings if needed.
- Researching for new therapeutic methods and constantly adapting therapeutic plans according to beneficiaries’ needs and best interests.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports in collaboration with the PSS Team.
- Offering trainings to Community Focal Points on how identify signs of psychological vulnerabilities and when to refer to the PSS Team.
- Offering assistance to staff members when needed including guidance and self-care.
- Preparing workshops and awareness sessions needed for different stakeholders.
- Networking with Lebanese mental health community to stay updated on workshops offered, possible referral options, and latest findings.
- Attending weekly Focal Points meetings and monthly staff meetings.
- Others as required and agreed upon with the PSS Project Coordinator.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong problem analysis and assessment skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Good MS Office and data entry skills
- Demonstrated capacity to innovate and think creatively
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Compassionate, caring, and non-judgmental
- Sensitive and respectful of ethnic and cultural differences
- Approachable, trustworthy and discrete
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in training sessions and capacity building activities
- Committed to equality and social inclusion
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment
Overall Monthly Reporting: PSS Project Coordinator
Collaborates with: Other PSS Team members and Community Focal Points
Other Contacts: Logistics Officer, Bus Drivers, Kitchen Team