Country Representative / Programme lead
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org.
Please apply through SPARK’s online application platform at https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ The deadline for application is 11th September 2020. Reference: Country Representative/ Programme Lead Lebanon
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
The Country Representative/programme lead is the main responsible for the implementation of SPARK’s project activities in Lebanon funded by the Arab Fund, focussing on curricula development and internships to support youth with entering the labour market. In addition to that, the CR will be responsible to oversee planning, ensure quality and timely delivery of other projects implemented by SPARK in Lebanon. The CR will serve as SPARK’s representative vis a vis donors and main partners and manage staffing in SPARK’s Beirut office. An important part of the CR’s work will also be acquisition and resource mobilization, in close cooperation with the acquisition team in SPARK. We are looking for someone with a very hands-on and flexible approach who will be able to directly contribute to the timely delivery and implementation of our projects in Lebanon with our current team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and manages the implementation of the Arab Fund project activities in Lebanon
- Is responsible for the timely implementation, coordination and quality oversight of all SPARK projects and programmes in Lebanon, as per agreement with donors and partner organizations.
- Represent SPARK towards Lebanon Government authorities, local partners and other relevant national institutions.
- Improves efficiency of SPARK operations in Lebanon
- Serves as the representative for SPARK vis-a-vis Government authorities
- Is responsible for the team management and serve as people manager for all staff in the Lebanon Office
- Plays a central role in the acquisition, project development and resource mobilization for Lebanon with the acquisition team
- Provides quality control and oversight to main donor reports in Lebanon
- Provides input on Lebanon for Regional and global level reporting
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Other tasks when required.
Requirements and Skills
- Advanced academic degree in relevant discipline for international development, preferably related to (higher) education or entrepreneurship and business development issues.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in humanitarian and/or development aid.
- Experience with large multi-donor development programmes.Experience in managing teams with members of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with higher education
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Arabic
- Full professional proficiency in English