TCNR (Tyre Coast Nature Reserve), PP5 of COMMON, an ENI CBC MED funded project, is looking for calling an Auditor to apply with its quotation to the position of financial auditor through the included ToR of this call.
The COMMON project aims at applying the ICZM principles to the marine litter management, improving the environmental performance of 5 pilot coastal areas in Italy (2), Tunisia (2) and Lebanon (1), testing a model that could be transferred to the whole Mediterranean area. Thanks to an improved knowledge of the marine litter phenomenon, specific training and capacity building activities addressed to local and regional authorities, MPAs, Turtles Rescue Centers and citizens, thematic awareness campaign and material, targeted networking activities at basin level, COMMON project will engage local communities in incorporating marine litter management and disposal in coastal planning with the ICZM approach. The project specific objective is to enhance the capacity of public authorities in the 5 selected areas to plan for sustainable management, use and monitoring of marine litter sources, treatment and consequences, employing an effective participatory approach involving relevant stakeholders and local communities.
The main responsibilities of the auditor will be the following:
- Perform audit of the project accounts.
- Produce timely reports on the projects account.
- Working with TCNR and government agencies to ensure to research and solve problems and develop policies and procedures that comply with current legislation.
- Analyzing, evaluating, developing, and implementing new control systems that optimize operations or utilize new technologies.
- Recording, reviewing, and interpreting data to determine the effectiveness of operations.
- Researching discrepancies, operational problems, or other issue.
- Examining records, reports, receipts, or other documents and comparing them to TCNR assets and liabilities.
- Bringing TCNR strengths and weaknesses to the attention of management and providing advice as they develop responses or fixes for these issues.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management or other interested parties.
- Maintaining awareness of current industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Handling additional duties and special projects to ensure the project is operating efficiently, effectively, and in compliance with all current regulations.
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance or a related field. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential or Master degree is an advantage.
- Registered auditor/firm at the Lebanese Association of Certified Public accountants (LACPA) which in turn is member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), according to the requirements set by the ENI Implementing Rules (art. 32) and in compliance with the national requirements.
- Strong understanding of accounting, banking laws, regulations, and internal controls.
- Sound understanding of audit theories, principles, and practices.
- Familiarity with general accounting practices and techniques.
- Reporting audit findings and recommending improvements
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping or financial software and MS Office.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- 3-6 years of experience in financial accounting, auditing, or a combination thereof, preferably in public accounting.
- Proven experience as an External Auditor.
- Previous experience in auditing of international projects funded by public funds, especially EU funds.
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills.
- Keen attention to details, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Comfortability working in a collaborative environment.
How to apply
The application shall include the following:
- Resume (for persons, or auditing companies) with complete list of previous project auditing experience.
- A declaration filled/signed/stamped by the auditor using this template (Model 2 attached) along with all required annexes;
- The full procurement procedure, including a quotation and an evaluation report (if any).
Please submit your application file to: [email protected] specifying COMMON – Auditor in the email subject.
Application deadline is September 11th, 2020. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further file compilation.منتهية الصلاحية