Procurement and Grants Manager
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional and career development within a reputable small business poised for significant growth. Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. To apply, please send a cover letter and an up-to-date resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” section of the ECODIT website (www.ecodit.com) by no later than August 17, 2020. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls or emails please.
ECODIT will soon begin implementation of the USAID Lebanon Diverting Waste by Encouraging Reuse and Recycling (DWERR) Activity (the Project), a five-year project that will establish sustainable and replicable integrated solid waste diversion and valorization solutions in different rural areas in Lebanon, leading to improved social and economic well-being for Lebanon’s population. Working concomitantly with municipalities, local communities and the private sector, the Project will (1) develop sustainable composting value chains for organic waste, and strengthen existing recycling value chains (RVCs) for inert recyclable materials in select municipalities serving as pilots initially, and then support replication by other municipalities across Lebanon building on lessons learned from the pilots; and (2) implement integrated Solid Waste Management (SWM) solutions for unions or clusters of municipalities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall management of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Procurement and Grants Manager (PGM) will:
- Prepare and issue Requests for Applications (RFAs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), review applications and proposals, and work with project team to select awardees;
- Ensure that grant applications are reviewed and awarded in a timely manner and per established processes and procedures;
- Draft grant agreements, amendments and other contractual documents in compliance with USAID regulations and ECODIT standards, in coordination with the Home Office (HO) Contracts Manager;
- Ensure timely and complete vetting of grantees and ensure due diligence documentation is up to date;
- Conduct training sessions on grant management for the project team and potential applicants and awardees, including for the preparation of grant applications, financial management and reporting requirements;
- Track financial and administrative performance of grantees and maintain a clear documented audit trail, in coordination with the HO Finance and Accounting team;
- Process grantees’ financial reports, coordinate approval of milestones/deliverables and grants payments;
- Work with other team members to ensure effective grants monitoring;
- Maintain grantee database, financial tracking tools, records of grants issued and ensure that all hard copy and electronic records are up-to-date and in compliance with USAID regulations and ECODIT standards; and
- Review file documentation for completeness and accuracy prior to any grant close out and address any gaps in a timely manner.
The PGM will be based in Beirut, Lebanon, and will be expected to travel to other locations in Lebanon, as needed, to execute the above duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, administration, finance, accounting, or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in project administration, financial management, accounting, grants programming or related areas;
- Previous experience in issuing and/or managing grants and subcontracts for USAID projects is required;
- High ethical standards;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Demonstrated professional oral and writing skills in English and Arabic.