Operations and Logistics Coordinator
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional and career development within a reputable small business poised for significant growth. Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. To apply, please send a cover letter and an up-to-date resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” section of the ECODIT website (www.ecodit.com) by no later than August 17, 2020. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls or emails please.
ECODIT will soon begin implementation of the USAID Lebanon Diverting Waste by Encouraging Reuse and Recycling (DWERR) Activity (the Project), a five-year project that will establish sustainable and replicable integrated solid waste diversion and valorization solutions in different rural areas in Lebanon, leading to improved social and economic well-being for Lebanon’s population. Working concomitantly with municipalities, local communities and the private sector, the Project will (1) develop sustainable composting value chains for organic waste, and strengthen existing recycling value chains (RVCs) for inert recyclable materials in select municipalities serving as pilots initially, and then support replication by other municipalities across Lebanon building on lessons learned from the pilots; and (2) implement integrated Solid Waste Management (SWM) solutions for unions or clusters of municipalities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall management of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Operations and Logistics Coordinator (OLC) will:
- Assist the project team with day-to-day logistical needs, including organizing and conducting site visits, and scheduling meetings with stakeholders;
- Support the preparation, organization and execution of workshops and events;
- Provide support to national and international consultants to assist them in their respective technical assignments (e.g., facilitation and information access) as needed; and
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager to complete HR, finance and administrative tasks.
The OLC will be based in Beirut, Lebanon and will be expected to travel to other locations in Lebanon, as needed, to execute the above duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, administration, finance, accounting, or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in project administration, event management, financial management, accounting, grants programming or related areas;
- High ethical standards;
- Knowledge and skills in the MS office suite of products;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Demonstrated professional oral and writing skills in English and Arabic.