USAID/Lebanon Local Livelihoods Activity - Call for Experts
To apply, please send a cover letter and an up-to-date resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” section of the ECODIT website (www.ecodit.com) by no later than August 31, 2020. Please make sure to include the title of the position that you are applying for in the cover letter. Kindly note that positions are contingent upon award. Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
ECODIT is a US-based international development ﬁrm working with governments, businesses and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in 50+ countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, rural tourism, and local livelihoods sectors.
ECODIT is seeking expressions of interest from highly motivated experts for the anticipated USAID/Lebanon Local Livelihoods Activity. This is a five-year project expected to begin in September 2020, and will seek to support municipalities to play a critical role in creating an enabling environment to improve the livelihoods of their residents. Interventions may focus on agriculture, tourism, and/or other industries and enterprises.
ECODIT seeks highly qualified local candidates for the following illustrative positions anticipated for this project. Foreign nationals residing in Lebanon are also encouraged to apply for the Chief of Party position. Candidates will ideally have extensive experience working on municipal/local development, agriculture/agrifood, rural tourism, income-generating activities, and/or private sector engagement funded by U.S. Government agencies (e.g., USAID, MCC, DoS), other bilateral agencies (e.g., DFID, GIZ, SIDA), and multilateral agencies (e.g., EU, UN, IADB, World Bank), including in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- Chief of Party (COP)
- Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
- Local Development/Community Engagement Specialist
- Agriculture and Agrifood Specialist
- Rural Tourism Specialist
- Job Creation Specialist
- Private Sector Engagement/Public Private Partnerships Specialist
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
- Communications Specialist
- Capacity Building and Training Specialist
- Contract and Grant Management Specialist
- Administration and Finance Specialist
Candidates for the above positions should have the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and at least five (5) years (10 years for the COP/DCOP positions) of relevant work experience leading or supporting large, complex government/donor funded projects; experience working on USAID projects highly preferred. Advanced academic degrees in relevant fields are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in at least one of the following areas: municipal engagement, local governance, rural development, private sector engagement, value chain development, innovation, technology, economic growth, capacity building, MEL, gender and social inclusion, and capacity building, among others
- Strong management and supervisory skills (for the COP and DCOP positions)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superb attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Residency in Lebanon
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English and Arabic is required; fluency in French is desired.