STRESS MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPPORT
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI) is a non-profit, non-political and non religious humanitarian NGO. Its objective is to provide a comprehensive response, in line with humanitarian principles and applying both needs based and rights based approaches, to conflict affected populations. PU-AMI promotes humanitarian access and dialogue with all components of the civil society and reinforces the capacity of each vulnerable community (refugees, vulnerable host community) to become self-reliant and resilient, by responding to immediate needs and strengthening their socio-economic empowerment.
PU-AMI in Lebanon has been implementing emergency and recovery projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, in Shelter Rehabilitation, Health, Protection and in Livelihood Recovery sectors. in three regions, namely the Akkar district in North Governorate, Beirut and Mount Lebanon Governorates, and Saida district in the South Governorate.
Vulnerability of Syrian refugees in Lebanon has increased due to the protraction of the crisis, poor socioeconomic conditions, limited skills and capacities, legal livelihood constraints, and gaps in overall assistance. Aid workers are frequently subjected to high levels of stress and pressure and it is well known now that vicarious exposure to the effects of extreme poverty can have a serious psychological impact.
OVERALL CONSULTANCY MISSION
PU-AMI is looking for a psychologist who is able to offer regular awareness sessions (collective sessions) on stress management, self-care, vicarious trauma and risk of burn-out for all PU-AMI all employees, especially front line responders.
Once all collective sessions are delivered, it is expected from the consultant to deliver a written report analyzing current circumstances and suggest potential strategy for the mission to consider regarding better means for staff care.
- Other possible services may also be requested during consultancy which may concern the following:
- Ensure psychological support through private consultations upon necessity as a follow up one-on-one training session(s) (up to two maximum) after the collective sessions.
- On-call support for defusing sessions in the case of serious incident.
CONTENT OF THE MISSION
- Stress Management collective sessions:
General objective: to provide PU-AMI employees with general knowledge and practical tips about stress management, the risk of vicarious trauma and burnout for aid workers. Sessions are expected to be provided in Arabic, and possibly English.
Specific objectives: Employees are exposed to:
- Know what stress is and how it affects them and their surrounding;
- know more about the effects of vicarious exposure on their level of stress;
- become familiar with the different types of stress and how to assess their own level of stress;
- learn how to manage stress, negative emotions, anxiety and worry;
- be aware of different coping-mechanisms to avoid the negative health and psychological implications;
- learn how to release cumulative stress in order to avoid burnout symptoms.
A number of collective sessions are expected to be held at each of PU-AMI’s offices in Lebanon (Beirut, Saida, Tripoli and Akkar) to include all staff.
- Final Report:
Once all collective sessions are delivered, it is expected from the consultant to deliver a written report on analyzing current circumstances and suggest potential strategy for the mission to consider regarding better means for staff care.
- Private consultations:
General objective: to provide PU-AMI employees, upon necessity, the possibility of having a follow up one-on-one training session(s) (up to two maximum) after the collective sessions.
Specific objective: Employees facing high level of stress affecting their well-being, motivation or mental health will be encouraged to be supported through private consultations.
Private consultations upon request are to be held at the Provider’s consulting office or through virtual meeting if applicable.
- Defusing session(s):
General objective: to provide PU-AMI employees with a defusing session in the event of a serious incident on the field.
Specific objective: Employees victims of an incident are able to defuse in order to reduce the impact of such event on their mental health and motivation.
The defusing session as requested from the Provider as an on-call support.
- INPUTS PROVIDED BY PU-AMI
PU-AMI will have the responsibility of the collective sessions’ organization (participant’s invitation and transportation, availability of the training room, logistic support for the projection equipment, refreshments).
PU-AMI will ensure the consultant’s transportation in all PU-AMI’s offices.
- OUTPUTS EXPECTED FROM THE CONSULTANT
The Provider is expected to submit the following elements:
- An updated CV with previous relevant consultancy missions in similar trainings;
- Diplomas & credentials;
- A training outline and a detailed summary of each session with the pedagogic support in English.
- Technical offer including: methodology, detailed plan of the training, tools that will be used, the agenda of the training (including precise duration in hours of each session);
- A detailed invoice template of the delivery of the expected services. Daily or hourly rate should be clearly mentioned for the above listed contents.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Arabic (training sessions are expected to be conducted in Arabic);
- Education degree: Diploma in psychology;
- Work experience: Several years’ experience as a practitioner;
- + Previous experience in leading similar sessions;
- + Previous experience in supporting Aid workers and knowledge of the humanitarian sector.
- Computer skills: Power Point
- Excellent communication and animation skills;
- Strong experience in training.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration, a Call for Expression of Interest must be submitted to the following e-mail address along with the above listed required qualification documents in PDF format: [email protected]
Please indicate in the e-mail subject the following:
PU-AMI/LEB/2020/HR_Stress Management & PsySupport/NAME
The Provider is expected to submit the following elementمنتهية الصلاحية