Qualified candidates should email their CV to [email protected] with “LWP-Finance Officer” in the subject line. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for additional information in relation to this position. Thank you.
The Finance Officer will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Finance Officer will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the project office and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions. Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, managing partner relationships, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Initiate wire requests for field project implementation in accordance with DAI schedule.
- Record all financial transactions in Field Accounting System (FAS) or FERs on a daily basis.
- Ensure the safeguard of bank checks, cash receipts, and petty cash.
- Receive and verify suppliers’ and consultants’ invoices along with justification documents.
- Verify expenses for accuracy and project accounting codes.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments.
- Upload the FERs to Oracle based on DAI’s schedule.
- Upload the FERs to Daulphin accounting system on monthly basis.
- Compile backup documentation for all project related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented.
- Maintain an accurate filing of payment vouchers and other financial documents and perform regular spot audits on project’s financial files.
- Ensure backup documentation is scanned and uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines.
Salary Calculation and Disbursal
- Ensure that the employee profiles are up to date.
- Prepare all documentation for the processing of timely and accurate payroll payments for the office and ensures leave balances, and payroll taxes are accurate.
- Ensure that salary is disbursed, payroll is recorded in the accounting system, and individual paystubs are distributed to all employees on schedule.
- Prepare necessary documentation for Corporate tax, NFSS, TOS, and VAT auditing.
- Track and monitors leave balances and liability payments.
- Review employment agreement and modifications and updates salary calculations based on local and company requirements.
- Ensure staff compliance with timekeeping policy and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Travel Advances & Reimbursements
- Work with the Finance Manager to approve and distribute travel advance amounts based on LWP’s travel advance policy.
- Audit travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance.
- Follow procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel.
- Review and monitors outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
- Other duties and responsibilities
Budgeting and Reporting
- Assist in developing budget estimates for technical activities and events.
- Assist in the production of spending reports, track, and analyze technical activities budget spending with subcontracts, procurement and grants team.
- Assist in the production of spending reports on Other Direct Costs, track and analyze spending.
- Assist in preparing the monthly financial projections for the project.
- Assist with quarterly accruals reporting and other financial reports to USAID
- Bachelor’s degree accounting, finance, or other related fields; advanced degree in the above listed areas highly preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience.
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience working with donor funded programs.
- Demonstrated communications, writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong teamwork skills, as well as effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
Location and Reporting:
The Position Title will be based in Jdeideh, Lebanon and will report to the Finance Manager.