Child Protection Case Worker
Please include "Case Worker" in the Subject of the email, (email with no subject line will be discarded ) .
All applicants must send an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Identify children in need of case management who are participating in other Ribat activities
- Deliver safe identification and referral training to Ribat staff
- Receive high risk child protection referrals for children in need of child protection case management.
- Priorities intervention according to risk level
- Ensure that informed consent/assent is taken before opening a case
- Assess received cases and take immediate action to address urgent situations.
- In compliance with best-practice and international standards in CP response, provide case management services to boys and girls at high risk
- Provide age-appropriate counseling to children and their families throughout the case management process
- Provide age-appropriate qualitative psychosocial support to children and their families throughout the case management process
- Ensure the child is involved and participates in the establishment of the case plan
- Store and file CP data ensuring the confidentiality of the information collected and the services
- provided according to the minimum standard
- Participate in weekly case discussion meetings with the Case Management Officer to ensure
- adherence to standards of care and appropriateness of intervention
- Flag all high risk cases in which judicial intervention is required to the Case Management Officer and
- ensure they are referred immediately to UPEL
- Produce case reports of quality to be submitted to the Case Management Officer for case
- conferences and/or to provide recommendations, especially on alternative care options to UPEL for complex cases in need of judicial intervention
- Ensure the utmost confidentiality of case management data and information throughout the case management process; including protection referrals
- Ensure close coordination with focused and community based PSS teams in order to ensure children and their caregivers are referred from case management to focused and CB PSS and vice-versa
- Refer ALL children engaged in child labour or early marriage and their caregivers to Ribat’s focused
- PSS programs
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers
- Receive referrals from different agencies, do action plan and appropriate response to each case
- Raise gaps in CP response services and referral protocols to the Case Management Officer 20.
- Work closely with the GBV sector when a case involves child survivors, particularly when assessing best interest of the child
- Adhere to the principles and guidance of the National CP Case Management SOPs, including mandatory reporting requirements
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the Protection officer
- Actively participate in training platforms such as IRC’s Peer 2 Peer program
- Immediately flag concerns to safety to the Case Management Officer throughout the case management process
- Actively contribute to the developing and updating of the service mapping and referral pathway.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a child protection caseworker
- Completed training on National CP Case Management SOPs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Excellent case management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent psychosocial support skills
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel)