CB PSS Assistant
Please include "PSS Assistant" in the Subject of the email, (email with no subject line will be discarded ) .
All applicants must send an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted .
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure CB PSS is delivered in line with global minimum standards and national inter-agency SOPs/standards.
- Identify safe spaces to provide community based PSS (CB PSS) that adhere to the quality checklists for center-based and outreach activities shared at the inter-agency level.
- Identify vulnerable children and caregivers in need of CB PSS in line with inter-agency selection criteria.
- Identify Community Focal Points and members of Community Based Groups to deliver CB PSS as facilitators.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to CB PSS Facilitators during a 2-months training program on CB PSS curriculum for children and caregivers.
- Deliver CB PSS to children and caregivers as part of the CB PSS Facilitators 2-months training program. Successively handing over the direct facilitation of sessions to the facilitator.
- Deliver Parenting curriculum to caregivers of children attending the CBPSS
- Follow-up on the capacity building of CB PSS Facilitators’ facilitation skills, adult and child learning and development basic principles and developing new sessions throughout the year using the methodology provided by the Community Based PSS sub-committee and incorporating key CP and GBV messages as necessary.
- Ensure that CB PSS Facilitators and CBG members identify and refer children and caregivers in need of further specialized/non-specialized services is successfully happening (Focused PSS, case management, etc.).
- Ensure the CB PSS Facilitators are trained to adapt activities and methodologies and take the needed steps to include children with special needs.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in provision of Psychosocial support activities with children and caregivers
- At least 1-year experience providing coaching, training and mentoring on PSS activities with children and caregivers
- At least 1-year experience working with community based groups implementing protection activities
- Excellent knowledge of child protection and GBV and PSS basic principles, child development and adult learning techniques
- Excellent communication, psychosocial first aid skills and facilitation skills
- Excellent capacity building, training, coaching and mentoring skills
- Good knowledge of CP and GBV case management principles
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English.