send your CV to [email protected] with "social worker" as subject.
Lebanese Union for People with Physical Disabilities- LUPD
LUPD is a grassroots organization built by and for people with disabilities. We believe that we have an important role to play in arriving at our vision of society by working with people with disabilities, a population that has been traditionally marginalized. As such, our specific mission is the following:
• To defend the rights of people with disabilities; more specifically to work towards their access to equal opportunities and a quality life and to ensure that their basic needs (health, education, employment, socio-economic inclusion, freedom of choice) are fully respected and guaranteed;
• To eradicate marginalization and gender discrimination from the lives of people with physical disabilities;
• To mobilize people with physical disabilities to speak on their own behalf;
• To promote the spread of a culture of inclusion and right of participation;
The Social worker will be responsible for interving with People with Disabilities, their families, and groups of people to cope with problems they’re facing to improve their lives.
- Conducting interviews with individuals and families to assess and review their situation;
- Undertaking and writing up assessments (sometimes in collaboration with other professionals), which meet specified standards and timescales;
- Offering information and support;
- recommending and sometimes making decisions about the best course of action for a particular person or family;
- Maintaining record of case by documenting client's situation and client's own actions.
- Monitoring planned actions by periodic follow-up.
- Liaising with, and making referrals to, other organisations;
- Participating in multidisciplinary teams and meetings
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision and team meetings.
- Evaluating services provided to insure that they are effective
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation — actively looking for ways to help people.
- Writing — communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- A bachelor’s degree in social work (BSW) is a requirement for this position.
- Preferably 1-3 years of experience in the field of social work.