Please provide a CV indicating all previous experiences in fundraising, a cover letter and a sample of fundraising proposal written in English.
Salam’s main objectives are:
- promoting dialogue between Lebanese communities in the border villages and, since the beginning of the war in Syria, between Syrian refugees and host communities;
- strengthening the capacities of local authorities and communities (through meetings, training and micro-projects) to cope with crisis situations as well as to contribute to the local development of their villages;
- supporting the most vulnerable populations in Lebanon by providing direct aid and facilitating the efforts and initiatives of independent volunteers and organizations from all around the world.
The fundraising officer will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- developing a fundraising strategy in collaboration with the Program Officer;
- identifying and developing new fundraising activities in collaboration with the Media & Communication Officer;
- researching and identifying small-mid donations from charities, foundations, institutional funders, governments, corporate and private donors;
- writing tailored, persuasive and creative fundraising proposals which reflect Salam's identity while meeting the criteria set by the funder;
- maintaining and updating database of fundraising contacts.
- 2 to 3 years of experience of a wide range of fundraising activities (including crowdfunding) and proven success of substantial income generation;
- good knowledge of the principles of fundraising from charities and foundations and experience in soliciting funds from these sources;
- previous experience in preparing multiple funding application forms and writing detailed and compelling proposals;
- excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.