Specialized Case Management Trainer
Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter that addresses the applicant's motivation for applying. Please forward the application marked "CM Trainer" to the following e-mail address: [email protected] no later than Sunday, July 21, 2019. This consultancy position will be filled as soon as possible. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
BACKGROUND and JUSTIFICATION :
MOSAIC is a holistic program committed to improve the health and wellness of Marginalized group in Lebanon and beyond. Through its national presence in Lebanon and its regional networks in the MENA region, MOSAIC strategic goal is to achieve the coexistence of people in friendly communities and national systems. Founded by activists and legal and health experts, MOSAIC will provide comprehensive services for the Marginalized groups, research and advocate for policy reform, build knowledge and capacities on SOGI (Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity/Role) issues, and engage the societies in the fight against human rights violations, especially against LGBTIQ rights violations.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the overall supervision and the support of MOSAIC’s Director and Program Manager, the consultant will conduct the three trainings, each lasting for two days, in Beirut, North and Bekaa to social worker and SGBV front liners, working in those regions, respectively. The trainer is expected to submit a report within a week after the training is completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant will be responsible of the following:
- Oversee and ensure achievements of capacity building plans through development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools including pre and post-tests
- Tailor trainings to the level of the participants, but should include at least identification and referrals, disclosure and provision of basic psychosocial support to SGBV survivors.
- Develop comprehensive and tailored capacity building plans for SGBV staff and implementing partners based on respective needs and ensuring quality services;
- Facilitate 3 trainings in 3 different regions in Lebanon on SGBV prevention and response, and more specifically on identification and safe and confidential referrals of SGBV survivors with alternative sexual orientation and gender identities and expressions (ASOGIEs), disclosure of SGBV cases and guiding principles, risk identification and mitigation interventions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree or higher education relevant to social work, gender studies or other relevant fields;
- Thorough understanding of best practices and strategies in SGBV response (case management, psychosocial support, etc.) and GBV primary prevention and risk reduction;
- Experience in conducting training needs analysis/assessments and developing training programs for a broad range of audiences from different institutional levels;
- Priority to candidates who have experience and an understanding of alternative Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities, particularly with the LGBTIQ+ Community;
- Experience in SGBV response and prevention;
- Social work experience is required;
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.