Communications/ Graphic Design Internship
Please send your CV and a cover letter, (preferable with a suggestion of social media strategy or example of your prior work) to [email protected] no later than February 20th. The email subject line MUST include the following: “Communication Internship”.
Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to individual queries. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the closing date - However- interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Salam Internships are part-time positions (20hrs/week). Our internships are meant for students or recent graduates who have almost completed or completed their studies. A certificate of Internship will be delivered at the end of the agreed duration. The internship is unremunerated due to our charitable status (however we will provide you with very simple accommodation in Bekaa). We ask for a commitment of minimum two months with a possible extension
With our operations expanding, Salam is looking to take on a Communications intern. One who is social media savvy and loves being hands on! We need a capable, dedicated and conscious intern to help us expand, helping more people.
The role requires knowledge of social media, graph design and a willingness to be hands on. You will likely be actively involved in our work, as well as managing our external relations. We rely on maintaining and gaining new contacts, volunteers and donors. Your role is essential within SALAM. This is chance to help those desperately in need while gaining international experience.
The successful candidate will assist staff members with a number of activities which include:
- Help overhaul branding, creating new designs in line with this
- Conduct Quantitative and Qualitative Media Analysis
- Edit our website www.salamladc.org
- Create a newsletter
- Help keep our Facebook Page and Instagram account updated, engaging with followers and community on our social media pages
- Working on strategies to promote the work of Salam LADC to the public and among other NGOs
- Assisting the team with day-to-day duties
- Report media and social media stories about issues happening in the region
- Update/Create presentations for Salam LADC
- Take photos and videos of Salam projects
- Create a short Salam LADC clip on our current work, as well as create a short clip on Volunteer Recruitment
- Fluency in creative writing in English
- A degree in a related field (Graphic Design, Communications, Journalism, Audio-visual, Digital Marketing or a related field etc.), or previous experience in the area, is required
- Experience and enthusiasm for the strategic use of social media (knowledge of media monitoring and trend or story tracking), marketing, PR, graphic design
- Resourceful with an appreciation for design and interest in creative: skills include some of, if not all: Creative writing, photography, photo and video editing, Microsoft Office (Word and PPt)
- Experience with Photoshop, or similar image editing software, is desirable
- Willing to learn new skills and to share your talents with others
- Interest in the Syrian Refugee crisis/response, Community Work
The job requires excellent time-management and inter-personal skills as you will be working with multiple people, deadlines and nationalities. Ultimately this role has a lot of creative freedom and is for you to make to the potential you can find. Thank you for applying and offering to help the vulnerable people here in Bekaa.