Community Center Manager
Send your CV to [email protected] with the title of the email as "Community Center Manager". Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Job Description: The Community Center Manager will fulfill the following responsibilities:
I – Project planning
- Work with a "board of stakeholders" and key members of the beneficiary communities benefiting from the project
- Plan and organise the implementation of the center(s)' activities in compliance with the project proposal and objectives, and through consultation with the Salam Management Team.
- Create and write grants as necessary for new projects.
- Identify potential partners in the project – organisations in the area, educators, vocational trainers etc. (ongoing throughout the project)
- Create a schedule for the activities to be held at the centre.
- Promote the centre’s activities and establish the enrolment process.
- II- Management of Project Implementation
- Organize, manage, monitor and assess the implementation of the center activities in compliance with the project proposal and the beneficiaries’ needs.
- Ensure smooth implementation, coordination and effective use of the available resources;
- Integrate the beneficiaries into the project, by encouraging participation in the activities (through promotion and liaison with key community members) and the execution of the project.
- Organise regular meetings with camp shaweeshes and other key members in the beneficiary communities to discuss the effectiveness of the project and implementation of the beneficiaries’ suggestions.
- Lead the coordination of the centers activities and the project staff and volunteers;
- Submit monthly progress reports to Salam LADC;
- Ensure daily reports (ODK System) are filled by all classes and events.
- Keep up to date the Google Calendar for the centre’s activities.
- II- Financial management
- Report to the Salam LADC accountant – submit financial reports and receipts on a weekly basis;
- Manage, monitor and track expenses according to the budget;
- Oversee petty cash available at the centre
- Liaise with relevant NGOs, government agencies and national institutions in the area to maintain a network and cooperation in psychosocial and educational fields
- Receive visits from donors and other relevant stakeholders
- Assist with fundraising for the project.
IV – Other roles
- Depending on rate of enrolment, and the weekly schedule, the project manager might be required to deliver education and vocational activities.
- Providing consultation and assistance to Salam LADC with regards to opening or running similar centres in other areas
- Experience required: minimum of 1 year;
- Education degree: Bachelor Degree in social sciences, education, development or any related field;
- Fluent in spoken Arabic and excellent knowledge of English (written and oral);
- Previous managerial experience in humanitarian work;
- Willingness to work with people from different ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds
- Good management, leadership and planning skills and willingness to take initiative;
- Good communication and teamwork skills;
- Able to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner,
- Passion and belief in the project’s ethos
- Flexibility and informativeness;
- Strong leadership skills;
Supervised by: the Operations Officer and Salam Management Team