إضافة تعليق جديد
Conflict Sensitivity Program Officer
Kindly send, in English CV and two references to [email protected]
Please indicate the reference “HOPe-Y4 Conflict Sensitivity Program Officer” in the subject line of your email.
House of Peace (HOPe), officially registered as Threads of Peace in 2019, is a non-governmental social peace-building organization based in Lebanon. HOPe aims through different activities to enhance social peace within local communities by shifting perceptions; supporting and connecting community-based initiatives and dialogue spaces; advancing the principles of conflict sensitivity; and voicing grassroots perspectives, stories, and aspirations.
PROJECT EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The Conflict Sensitivity Unit aims at advancing the Conflict
Sensitivity approach among local NGOs, INGOs, Activist, Social Initiatives, and Volunteers. By mainstreaming the CS through training, follow-ups, and leading the Lebanon Conflict Sensitivity Forum.
Because we believe that in all times, especially in times of turmoil and change, a source of peace exists in every person and every society, and all we need to do is facilitating the process for peace to emerge and blossom.
Our vision as HOPers is bringing together uniquely different individuals with shared values, and transforming the notion of peace into a practice of being and living, to inspire social change towards a hopeful and purposeful life.
In an inclusive and participatory way, we enhance social peace:
through shifting perceptions about reality, peace, self, and the other;
through supporting and connecting community-based initiatives and dialogue spaces;
through advancing the principles of conflict sensitivity;
and through voicing grassroots perspectives, stories, and aspirations.
Egalitarian: Promoting peace as a right for all people, and respecting diversity and gender.
Conflict Sensitive: Understanding and appreciating local specificities, avoiding harm, and enhancing positive impact.
Family Oriented: Honouring our partnerships, empowering local ownership, and creating a family environment within our network of partners and peacebuilders.
Committed to nonviolence: Encouraging personal and collective peace initiatives as a means for creative, positive, and liberating change.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
Conflict Sensitivity Project:
- Unit Work plan Organiser: To ensure that a proper plan of the Unit activities is set and applied by the trainers and unit members when needed to meet the target as per the approved project proposals.
- Unit Archiver: Have all CS documents available, organized, and easy to reach whenever it is required for any type of information, reporting, and other purposes.
- Meeting Note Keeper CS Unit: To document the unit meetings and to share with the general unit members all important points discussed throughout the unit meeting during the general weekly meeting.
- Relationship builder:
- To build on the existing network circle that HOPe has and to coordinate with targeted organizations who will benefit from this program and to build good relationships with new organizations that are interested to benefit from this program.
- CS co-trainer/CS Trainer: Facilitate tools that can help organizations staff members, activists, and volunteers to have critical thinking and a conflict-sensitive approach mindset towards social interventions and take concrete steps regarding their programs and organizations.
- Unit Progress Tracker: Monitoring the progress of work according to project targets as per the log frame in the approved proposal.
- Budget Holder: support in managing the project budget. Support in updating the financial manager on a monthly basis what are the estimated expenses with respecting HOPe policies and the partners’ requirements. Support in the budget revision of the project when needed.
- Unit Procurement: Responsible to prepare procurement requests for the unit according to the procurement procedures and policy.
- Program Developer: Support in Scaling up the impact of the project by improving existing tools, training, and programs, and developing new ones as per the observation, and the needs-based on HOPe strategy.
- Eco Friend: To promote and support eco-friendly practices at HOPe office in particular and the field of work in general.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Good spirit.
- Bachelor's degree in a relative field.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in the humanitarian field.
- Develop new tools.
- Perfect command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Notable time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in partnership with local communities and NGOs.
- Teamwork and cooperative attitude.
- Problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Good computing skills.
- Additional requirement for non-Lebanese nationals: permit of residence in Lebanon is required.