Driver responsibilities include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions.
- Drive Restart Center's Office vehicle(s) for the transport of authorized personnel.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items as assigned.
- Manage the day-to–day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure road worthiness. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt etc...
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Keep records of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of spare parts.
- Make sure that the vehicle always has a full tank before departure for field trips.
- Ensure that the vehicle undergoes regular service intervals.
- Ensure that Restart Center's vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet for the vehicle is prepared and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc...
- Make sure that all legal papers related to the car (Insurance, Mecanique) are up to date and paid on time.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions which involve Restart Center team members.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of accident.
- Pay the traffic violation if he exceeds the speed limit or breaks any other traffic law.
- Responsible of the reparation of the car after the first accident.
- Take proper measurements to reduce potential security threats to Restart Center members and visitors along transport routes.
- Maintain decent appearance daily.
- Respect the values and principles of the people he encounters or drive.
- When welcoming visitors at the airport, the driver should make sure he has an instruction sheet provided by Restart Center staff to be given to the visitors.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Any change in the car needs a written approval from the director of the center.
To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no traffic violations. Note that you don’t need to have a car; we provide drivers with our own vehicles.