Quality Control Coordinator
Interested qualified candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CVs and a cover letter to [email protected]. To ensure the timely review of your resume, please insert “Quality Control Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Don’t wait please for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Kindly mention your exact address on your CV and indicate if you have a car and driving license. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC), headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland is the official humanitarian relief agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America. Since its inception in 1992, IOCC has delivered $488 million in relief and development programs to families and communities in more than 50 countries.
IOCC is looking for a Quality Control Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the Lebanon school snacks and nutrition education program in public schools, with main responsibilities to ensure appropriate food security measures are applied in the warehouses during packing snacks.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Act as a focal point in coordinating and monitoring the project activities; from the preparation phase in the warehouses, to the distribution of snacks to schools, the storage, and then the distribution of snacks to students, as related to food security.
- Coordinate closely with the suppliers and quality controllers to ensure all project-related resources and supplies are available on site in a timely fashion, and are procured according to the specific rules and procedures of IOCC and the donor.
- Ensure activities are implemented in conformity with the approved project proposal.
- Ensure food safety and security norms and standards are applied at all stages of implementation (preparation, distribution and storage).
- Coordinate with the quality controllers and the area monitors on the project developments to ensure proper fulfillment of the daily tasks, and report on this to the Project Manager.
- Submit regular reports on challenges and achievements as agreed with supervisor, with respecting quality and deadlines.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor the project activities.
- Liaise with the finance team on all required financial documents.
- Communicate and liaise internally with other IOCC departments as needed.
- Assist and provide guidance and support to the project team.
- Assess, discuss and address program challenges with the Project Manager.
- Attend and participate in IOCC meetings.
- Conduct trainings to quality controllers and other project staff, when necessary.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and initiative taker.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good knowledge of food security norms and standards.
- Ability to achieve results and meet deadlines in a demanding, pressured and fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Diplomacy and dynamic personality.
- Capacity and willingness to travel to the field.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English; French is a plus.
- 2 to 3 years of work experience.
- Previous experience in NGO and humanitarian field is an advantage.
- Previous experience in food security program implementation is an advantage.
- Experience in hygiene promotion field is a plus.
- Stationed in the office, in Mkalles, with frequent visits to the warehouses and target schools all over Lebanon.
- Preferable that candidate resides in Beirut-Mt Lebanon area.
- The candidate should have a driving license and a car.