Embrace - About
Embrace in a non-profit organization dedicated to mental health and has played a crucial role in recent years by breaking the stigma and igniting conversations about mental health on a national level in Lebanon through its campaigns and impact-oriented projects. Embrace works towards this mission through raising awareness, advocacy, and providing dignified mental health services across the spectrum of care. We fulfil our mission through several key pillar programs that cover a wide range of mental health care areas from prevention to direct and specialized intervention through a quick but non-exhaustive list of programs mentioned below:
Operating the National Lifeline (1564), which is Lebanon's National Emotional Support and Suicide Prevention Helpline in collaboration with the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health, this helpline has received over 37,000 calls in the past 5 years.
- Operating the CEDARS program serving as a research hub that captures and publishes mental health and suicide metrics, conducts monitoring and evaluation activities, and publishes academic research.
- Providing national and international capacity building trainings on mental health first aid, and suicide prevention, detection and intervention to a wide range of non-profit local and international organization working within the humanitarian field in Lebanon.
- Operating the Embrace Mental Health Center, offering free various clinical services such as individual psychotherapy, psychiatric consultations, group psychotherapy, and coverage of relevant medical fees for treatment.
- Implementing the Embrace the Workplace Program to raise awareness, prevent mental illness, and enhance mental well-being in the workplace through customized and tailored mental health packages, services and trainings to a wide range of corporations.
- Running an Awareness and Outreach Program since 2014, which has reached over 25,000 people in Lebanon.. The awareness and outreach program includes information booth activation with trained volunteers explaining the importance of mental health and sharing the different free accessible mental health services provided in Lebanon.
- Embrace Mobile mental health clinic a bus going around different remote areas in Lebanon with a dedicated team that will provide free essential mental health consultations and raise awareness in communities across