Donor-Community Engagement through quality, Production of visual and written content World Vision Consortium project.
a. Research, write and, as appropriate, publish, feature and news stories about successes and needs in World Vision Consortium project
b. Take, caption, upload and, as appropriate, publish, photos and videos about successes and needs in World Vision Consortium project
c. Regularly pitch story, photo and other resource ideas through WV Share Web site.
d. Ensure these materials are published to the World Vision Lebanon Web site as appropriate.
- Minimum of 2 feature stories per month accompanied by relevant photos and a 1 minute raw footage video.
- Minimum of 2 news stories per month (and provide to media when applicable) accompanied by relevant photos and a 1 minute raw footage video.
- Minimum of one video per month facilitated and produced (of 3 minutes each) – Keep B-roll and when requested, share it.
- Web site content is updated on a weekly basis with all the resources produced and shared with World Vision Consortium members and media.
- Develop a PPT as an introduction to World Vision Consortium project.
- Develop a comprehensive Q&A document about World Vision’s Consortium project.
II. Media Relations results in increased positive coverage of World Vision’s Consortium project in local and Int’l media outlets.
e. Ensure World Vision is being the features and mentioned in local and international media.
Host international and local media and press outlets representatives as per WVL comms protocol
g. Write and disseminate press releases to local, regional and/or international media as appropriate. Support WV support offices media relations initiatives.
h. Represent WV as spokesperson in media interview
Develop and maintain professional contacts with key local and international print, radio and TV media and assist them by offering story opportunities, arranging project visits and interviews.
Work with Comms Manager and Project Manager on new ideas to pitch to media
k. Manage World Vision Social Media related to World Vision’s Consortium project
- Reach a minimum of 10 media hits per month
- Work on additional 1 special TV feature report per month with leading Lebanese journalists resulting in good coverage for WVL and partners.
- Prepare press releases for press outlets around WV events: Invitation and press release are sent and written ahead of/in due time and follow up with journalists after media after event.
- Taking part in TV appearances serving as WV spokesperson.
- Ensure WV’s cash consortium work has weekly presence on all WV official Social Media channels in cooperation with communications officer (minimum of three meaningful tweets and two facebook posts per week focusing either on impact of WV project on children, with extensive tweets/posts during WV event days using either Hootsuite or live posting from the field (minimum of 5 tweets/post per event/day)
- Ensure journalists are informed of and sign off on the appropriate child protection protocol.
III. Perform other duties as required
Safety and Security responsibilities:
Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager
Attend and participate in local and international capacity building events as needed
Attend and participate in spiritual nurture events and other organizational events
Perform other related tasks as required by the Comms / Project managers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Diploma or degree in journalism, communications
• Three years experience working in communications or journalism or a related field.
• Very strong ability to write, edit, and speak English (Previous experience writing, editing and/or publishing articles and taking photos)
• Strong computer literacy, including ability to work with Microsoft Office and web-based software
• Photography skills
• Cross-cultural sensitivity and understanding of social and political environment.
• Ability to work with minimal direction, with team members as well as alone.
• Full adherence to World Vision Lebanon Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
• Full adherence to security protocols
2 to 3 years
Education degree: Bachelor DegreeField of education: Diploma or degree in journalism, communications
Arabic: Very GoodEnglish: FluentFrench:
Period: 6 Month
Submission guidelines: Interested Candidates send their CV along a conver letter to the mentioned email address stating in the email's subject the position applying to "Communications Officer"