Deadline for applications:Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Full time position
Working area: Beirut
Database Responsible - Beirut Base
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI) is a non-profit, non-political and non religious humanitarian NGO. Its objective is to bring about a global response to the basic needs of populations suffering from acute humanitarian crisis and to allow them to recover their autonomy and dignity.
Today, PU-AMI is intervening in 21 countries in Africa, the Near East, Caucasus, Asia and the Caribbean to cover the needs of populations affected by conflict, natural disasters or economic crises.
PU-AMI in Lebanon
PU-AMI has been active in Lebanon since 2001 implementing emergency and recovery projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, in Shelter Rehabilitation and in Livelihood Recovery sectors.
PU-AMI is currently working in a Shelter and Wash projects in the Palestinian camps and gatherings in Ein el el Helweh camp and gatherings, Borj el Barajneh Gathering, in project funded by the European Commission Humanitarian Aid Office (ECHO)
PU-AMI has launched a project in support of the areas affected by Syrian refugees’ influx in Beirut,Chouf and Saida areas. The project includes sealing off, sanitation facilities upgrading, and Hygiene promotion campaign, filter distribution and winterization activities. This project is funded by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
PU-AMI has also launched a project in Akkar district, in support of the areas affected by Syrian refugees. The project includes shelter rehabilitation works and sanitation activities. This project is funded by the Humanitarian Aid and Civil protection department of the European Commission (ECHO).
The Database responsible has to ensure and coordinate the gathering, the registration and the analysis of the data collected in the field, as well maintaining the good and smooth work of the computers in PU-AMI base.
Responsabilities and tasks
Database management and supervision
- To participate in the design of different databases upon his supervisors request
- To Supervise the Data Entry personnel and the Office Clerck daily works
- To ensure the quality of the data entry of the data gathered by the field officers
- To translate data from Arabic into English (if needed)
- To enforce the correct archiving of the documents
- To enter and manage the project data (if needed)
- To generate the needed reports
- To manage the mass SMS sending to the beneficiaries according to the projects needs
IT follow up and maintenance
- To maintain the software of malfunctioning computers
- To install software, and configure networks and peripherals on the computers
- To back up and format computer before reallocation to new staff
- To provide troobleshoot and support services to the staff in their IT needs
- To be in charge of base computers bi-weekly data back up
- To archive Data files (Filled forms, Empty forms, …)
- To centralize all entered data files (Assessment files, Follow up files, …)
- To coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator and the APC
- To support program if needed and if agreed by HoB (if time available).
- To attend program meeting if needed
Planning & Reporting
- To Attend the base meeting on a weekly basis
- To send a weekly workplan to the APC, HoB, and Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- To send a weekly report of the DataBase department activities abd challenges to the APC, HoB, and Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
The tasks and responsabilities of the Database Responsible mentionned above are not thorough and may be subject to evolve depending on the PU-AMI needs.
Under the direct supervision of : APC & Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Direct supervision of : Data Entry Officer & Office Clerck
Under the overall supervision of : Head of base
Language Skills :
Fluent in English and Arabic, (speaking/reading/writing).
Education Degree :
University degree or Technical diploma in Computer Science or relevent.
Work experience :
2 years Experience in NGOs/private companies in IT.
Management Skills :
Accountability and timely delivery
Ability to motivate and develop his team skills
Computer Skills :
Computer Hardawre and software troobleshooting and configuration
Excellent knoledge of Excel and Access
Data Manipulation and Report generation
Good Knowledge of Networks
Familiar with with windows systems and applications
Good knoledge of MS-SQL
Familiar with ASP.Net environemet
Familiar with server environement
Other knowledge : Acquaintance with INGO' rules, procedures and regulations
Interest : Work in relief, interest for refugees issues
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organised
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Able to manage/supervise a team
How to apply?
Please send your resume and a cover letter (with title of the position in the subject line) to: