Deadline for applications:Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Part time position
Location: Furn el-Chebbak
About Lebanon Support
Lebanon Support is an independent non-governmental, non-religious, non-political, and non-profit making information and research center. Established in 2006, Lebanon Support was registered as a National Non-Governmental Organisation in November 2008 (registered under the number 168/2009 AD). Lebanon Support aims at enhancing civil society capacity, efficiency and effectiveness through the creation of public spaces for reflection, collaboration and debate on and for civil society in Lebanon.
Lebanon Support adopts a multidisciplinary approach and evidence and fact based methodologies in civil society work in Lebanon so as to support and develop a civic voice and a better impact towards better accountability and societal change in Lebanon.
Within this framework Lebanon Support focuses on information and knowledge sharing and management, production and delivery; as it is within Lebanon Support’s beliefs, that information and knowledge are at the heart of developing adequate strategies and interventions to reduce existing vulnerabilities and marginalisation in the country.
Lebanon Support is currently implementing two main programmes: Daleel Madani, launched in 2006, an online collaborative platform for civil society news and services; and the Civil Society Knowledge Centre, launched in 2013, is the first and most developed online platform for research and knowledge management for civil society organisations, professionals, academics, and activists in Lebanon
I- Assist in content management and editing of the platforms and portals:
- Assist in updating and maintaining all Lebanon Support’s online platforms including: LS website, Daleel Madani, and the CSKC.
- Updating content on Daleel Madani (DM), organising and categorising existing content, as well as new to-be-added content and resources on the portal.
- Liaising with registered members to keep their profiles updated on DM as well as liaising with new organisations.
- Following up on memberships and subscriptions of organisations to DM.
- Assist in keeping an efficient organisation of content on DM and CSKC to ensure high usability and information retrieval standards, and ensuring the efficient compliance with editorial guidelines and Lebanon Support publishing standards.
- Assist in reviewing CSKC content prior to publication and dissemination (research, graphs, etc.) making sure it is consistent with LS’s guidelines.
- Assist in editing Lebanon Support’s content, as well as the yearly Civil Society Review.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Publications and the Head of Research, assist in developing new content and resources and platforms of relevance to civil society issues and concerns in Lebanon.
- Assist in data analysis (statistical data) and support in creating relevant graphs and tables
- Contributing to the development and review of programme related internal materials and tools.
- Following up on communication with the members of Daleel Madani, answering the phone and emails
- Follow up on technical issues and inquiries with user of Daleel Madani and coordinate with Lebanon Support’s ICT team to resolve them.
- Liaise with media outlets and follow up with media contacts to publicise LS’s programmes, projects, activities, and publications.
- Develop email bulletins about Daleel Madani, and thematic projects on CKSC, to be sent to the mailing list. Follow up on mailing list subscriptions.
- Assist in managing Lebanon Support’s social media channels, in accordance with the centre’s identity, and ensure high visibility of it and of its work.
- Keep track of the visibility of Lebanon Support’s projects and publications (eg. mentions in articles, social media shares, etc.)
- Assist in identifying and contacting new organisations that can become members of the daleel-madani.org portal, or partners on other projects on the CSKC for example
- Assisting the team in preparing events hosted by Lebanon Support, and in preparing presentations about LS work and programmes.
1 to 2 years
Education degree: Bachelor DegreeField of education: BA degree or higher qualifications in communications and media studies, social sciences, or a related field.
Arabic: FluentEnglish: FluentFrench: Good
Period: 12 months, with a possibility of renewal.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
Submission guidelines: Applications should be submitted in English and have an attached CV and cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please send applications to contact@lebanon-support by 31 January 2017, including "Content and Communication Officer" in the subject line. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.