Deadline for applications:Sunday, January 22, 2017
Full time position
Working area: Bekaa
The Forklift Driver is responsible to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them from and to storage areas ensuring a professional and efficient implementation of all activities.
Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks or aircraft
Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
Checking loads are secure
Stacking empty pallets
Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
Ensure proper movement of pallets.
Moving goods packed on pallets around in the storage facility
Stacking empty pallets.
Checking loads are secure.
Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the machine battery.
Removing machine attachments and waste materials from machines.
Preventative maintenance and cleaning for machines (forklift) he is using.
(Can be adapted to the particularities of the job location and the requirement of the project. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired).
Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
Dumping materials into machine hoppers
According to the Checklist provided by the Warehouse Manager, the Forklift Driver has to respect the working rules.
Follow the Safety Measurements defined by the Warehouse Manager.
The Forklift Driver has to respect the working time scheduled by the Warehouse Manager.
The Forklift Driver has to follow any other instructions provided by the Warehouse Manager.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- May be required to use RF scanner gun
- Clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license may be required
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
- High integrity and honesty
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High organisational skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Very good negotiation and interpersonal skills with national & international staff
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under challenging conditions
Physical demands and abilities:
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
1 to 2 years
Education degree: High SchoolField of education:
Arabic: FluentEnglish: GoodFrench:
Period: 11 months renewable based on funds and performance
Salary: Net Salary $950
Submission guidelines: Interested candidates please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com and mention clearly in the subject the position applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.