Deadline for applications:Sunday, January 22, 2017
Full time position
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate that has the skills to enagage in our organization as Community Based PSS Assistant
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and nonprofit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 30 countries around the world.
DRC has been operating in Lebanon since 2004, working with Palestinian and Iraqi refugees, as well as Lebanese communities affected by the war in 2006. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
Build the capacity of and empower the community to provide vulnerable children and caregivers with community based PSS, Child Protection (CP) and GBV key messages and information on services and identify and refer vulnerable children and caregivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify safe spaces to provide community based PSS (CB PSS) that adhere to the quality checklists for center-based and outreach activities shared at the inter-agency level
• Identify vulnerable children and caregivers in need of CB PSS in line with inter-agency selection criteria and Identify Community Focal Points and members of Community Based Groups to deliver CB PSS as facilitators
• Provide technical capacity building on PSS, CP and GBV protection concepts, safe identification and referral and confidentiality and informed consent
• Ensure CB PSS Facilitators, Community Based Groups and PSS Support Volunteers identify and refer children and caregivers in need of case management to CP or GBV case management on a monthly basis or in need of Focused PSS to relevant Focused PSS sessions
• Ensure the CB PSS Facilitators are trained to adapt activities and methodologies and take the needed steps to include children with special needs
• Continue to provide support to community based groups to conduct sensitization sessions and events on child protection and GBV key messages in a participatory and empowering manner
• Ensure that ALL children and caregivers accessing CB PSS and identified as being at high risk are referred to focused PSS and case management
• Support the logistics and procurement processes needed for the implementation of CB PSS and Community Based Groups’ activities
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. 2 to 3 years of experience in provision of Psychosocial support activities with children and caregivers
2. At least 1 year experience providing coaching, training and mentoring on PSS activities with children and caregivers
3. At least 1 year experience working with community based groups implementing protection activities
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
1. Required qualifications
Bachelor in social work, teaching, child development or other related field
2. Excellent knowledge of child protection and GBV and PSS basic principles
3. Excellent knowledge of child development and adult learning techniques
4. Excellent communication and psychosocial first aid skills
5. Excellent facilitation skills
6. Excellent capacity building, training, coaching and mentoring skills
7. Good knowledge of CP and GBV case management principles
8. Ability to work flexible working hours
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until 31st of December 2017, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from February 2017 and be willing and able to work in Saida.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level B+, Basic Salary: 1450 USD.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 22nd of January 2017. The interviews are expected to take place in the following week