Deadline for applications:Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Full time position
DRC Lebanon is looking for an Area Managerwith the following qualifications and whose responsibilities outlined below.
The Area Manager (AM) reports to the Country Director and is responsible for the coordination, management, development and representation of DRC programming in the area of operation. S/he will oversee program implementation according to DRC strategies in Lebanon and ensure that operations are implemented within DRC’s regulations, procedures, guidelines and strategy; enable a productive and accountable relationship with beneficiaries, communities’ leaders/representatives, relevant governmental authorities, National and International NGOs and UN Agencies in their AoR. The AM is the DRC’s primary representative with relevant actors in the area of operation; s/he is the line manager for all staff with area responsibilities and s/he is responsible for ensuring a result oriented team. The incumbent will also ensure a safe environment for DRC staff, beneficiaries and assets through a proactive-acceptance approach using DRC’s security framework.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council has worked in Lebanon since September 2004, and the programs have followed the country’s needs and progress. The main focus of today’s efforts in Lebanon is to help the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees, who have fled across the border to find protection from the conflict in their homeland. DRC is simultaneously maintaining the efforts toward the vulnerable groups of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon, as well as supporting vulnerable communities of Lebanese who are hosting refugees.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Representation and Coordination
• Represents all aspects of program and operations and has overall accountability for their AOR
• Act as the primary DRC representative in the area of operation and attend all relevant for a/meetings in order to strengthen DRC’s position in the area, including government authorities, relevant stakeholders;
• Foster relationships with Government authorities and other relevant stakeholders in the area of operation also through frequent visits to projects sites;
• Maintain close working relationships with donors, national and international organizations and local counterparts in their AoR.
• Line manage area support and program staff (Operations Manager, Program Manager, Safety, and Reporting managers/officers) ensuring inter-department co-ordination;
• Closely coordinate with the senior management team based in Beirut ensuring regular information flows ;
• Lead the process of adapting DRC national strategy to the local context and circumstances in coordination with the Area Programme Manager;
• Provide regular analysis on the context and humanitarian situation in the area for the development of project proposals and safety assessments.
Safety and Security
• Ensure a safe and secure environment for DRC staff, beneficiaries and assets by ensuring the local security procedures are up to date and SOPs are being followed in line with the SMP and DRC policy, promoting regular staff training, providing safety and security analysis, recommendations and follows-ups.
• Ensure overall provision of and adherence to DRC policies, procedures, guidelines, systems and standard practices, including commitments under the HAF;
• Provide leadership in overseeing of all logistical/procurement, HR/administration, Finance and office services activities and ensure their timely/efficient delivering.
• Comply with internal reporting requirements, contribute to, and provide quality assurance of external reports from area of operation;
• University degree with advanced training/courses either in management, international relations, development studies, or other related field;
• Minimum 5 years management experience, overseeing humanitarian and development multi-sector, multi-donor programmes in complex and volatile environments;
• Proven experience in strategic development and program design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Practical and extensive financial, HR and administration management experience with extensive knowledge of budget development/management and finance documentation, tracking and archiving; understanding of HR and administration principles and ethics. Experience with UN, ECHO, BPRM, EuropeAidguidelines will be an added advantage;
• Proven excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English essential. Excellent report writing skills is a must.
• Commitment to the values, vision and mission of DRC;
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
• Experience working with the region
• Proficiency in Arabic
• Experience in livelihoods, housing/infrastructure, protection, governance
• Experience in security and safety management in highly dynamic security environments
An interesting job in one of the best NGO’s in the world. DRC will offer the successful applicant a 12 months contract, renewable based on performance and funding.You must be available to start work from15th of February 2017 and be willing and able to work in one of DRC field locations.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngounder Vacancies. This position will be placed at levelA11 for Expats and Level F for Nationals. Qualified national staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo and find Current Vacancies. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis and early applications are encouraged. Also if we find candidate before the deadline we remain the right to close the position prior to set deadline.
Applications close 28th of February 2017. The interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis during the advertisement period.
5 to 10 years
Education degree: Bachelor DegreeField of education: