Deadline for applications:Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Working area: Human rights
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is currently recruting for an intern with a background in human rights/law to deliver research tasks and production of reports on legal and human rights matters in Lebanon (torture/arbitrary detention/refugees).
The internship will focus - but will bot be limited to the following:
- Perform searches through relevant governmental and non-governmental websites, conduct interviews over the phone and/or in person with victims of and witnesses to human rights violations to deliver the report;
- Gather information and results from ongoing CLDH projects to deliver the report;
- Contact NGOs, lawyers, government departments, official bodies and individuals to arrange research meetings;
- Type up notes and transcripts of recorded interviews for the production of the report;
- Other duties may be assigned as they arise.
The intern will work in close collaboration with CLDH team members. Ideally, the candidate will be available full-time starting in the beginning of August for a minimum of three months, with the possibilty of an extension.
Interested candidate may send their applications to the contact below as soon as possible.
Less than one year
Education degree: Masters DegreeField of education: Law, social studies, international relations, political science or related subject.